Bomber bot Bomber bot

I really love the way you draw attention to the robot's head. I know you've been working with zbrush lately, and I initially thought it was a 3d rendered image. The way you focus in on it while leaving the surrounding areas blurred really gives the image a sense of depth. Excellent work.

My only crit I suppose would be to tighten up some of the edges just a little bit, for instance, the band that goes around its waist. The width of the band is inconsistent--making that symmetrical is just an example of a tiny little touch up that I think would go a long way.

Flowers10 responds:

Thanks for your kind works! I've actually just began working on hard and soft edges, I have always been oblivious to them. Hard to make a balance:P

Glaceon Glaceon

Not bad

I think a little more could have been done with the background though. As of right now, it's just white, and though I'm sure it's supposed to be snow it looks more like a blank canvas.

Aside from that Glaceon looks pretty good, and the way you positioned her gives her a lot of personality, which I really like. I personally am not a fan of the fur. I guess because I'm so used to seeing them flat colored, but I can't go as far as to say it looks bad because it really doesn't. It's just not my taste. I think the only thing I have to say about her is to increase your values and establish a clearer light source.

So with all that in mind, I give you 7/10 because it's good. Not great, but good. Keep practicing and keep posting and you'll only get better and better. :)

Awakening Awakening

solid

There's no doubt that the coloring looks great and it fits really well with that style. I feel like the image as a whole is a little lacking though. The colors bring a really nice energy to the picture, but I feel like the composition falls a little flat. Changing up the angle/perspective of the scene and possibly giving her a more dynamic pose would really make it that much more exciting. It also looks like the hand was sort of given up on. It comes across kind of blocky, and even in a manga/anime style, I still think it's important to get across the shape of things like hands and feet. Again though, the coloring is very well done and the drawing is very solid. It's just little things that could be done that would make this really really great.